It is a very frequent requirement that the Aloaha PDF Creator generates dynamically the PDF filenames and the path. With the Alaoha Saving Filter it is pretty easy to configure:
- right click on the grey Aloaha PDF Suite System Tray Icon and disable “Interactive”
- right click on the grey Aloaha PDF Suite System Tray Icon and enable “Parse PDF for Commands”
- right click on the grey Aloaha PDF Suite System Tray Icon and choose “Configure Savings Filter” from “Advanced Settings”
- The new dialog has three input fields. In the first field you configure the root path, in the second field a regular expression to parse the PDF Name from the PDF Document itself and the third dialog a regular expression to define a optional path. If you enable “Do not create tree structure” Aloaha will not create sub directories but use all values for the new filename.
As an example we configure Aloaha that if a user prints an email to Aloaha it saves the email as PDF in c:\pdf and creates one long filename made of From:, Sent Time and Subject.
- Open the dialog “Configure Savings Filter” from “Advanced Settings”
- Enter c:\pdf into the first dialog field
- Enter From:(.*) into the second field and Sent:(.*) into the third field.
- If you now activate “Do not create tree structure” and print an email to Aloaha you will see that the Filename is made of From and Sent.
- Now you need to configure the Subject. To do so please open your registry editor and go to: HKLM\SOFTWARE\[Wow6432Node]\Aloaha\pdf\automailer
- You will find the values savefilter0 and pdffilename
- For the Subject you need to configure an additional filter savefilter1 with content Subject:(.*)
Daily builds can be downloaded from: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20338532/beta/aloaha_pdf.zip
The official release download link is: http://www.aloaha.com/download/aloaha_pdf.zip