Run your own Timestamping Server
There are two ways of operating the Aloaha timestamping Authority. You can either integrate our COM Interface into your IIS so that your IIS starts serving the timestamp token
you just install our ready to go package http://www.aloaha.com/download/tsa.zip. Once installed it will right away serving on Port 8081. For example http://<your host>:8081/tsa.aspx. Please note that the stand alone package does NOT require any local web server running since it comes with its own tiny web server.
It is always suggested to start with Timestamping Application from http://www.aloaha.com/download/tsa.zip. Should you decide to to the manual and more time consuming way please follow the steps below.
To integrate your own timestamping Authority in IIS you need:
- Aloaha Cardconnector (http://www.aloaha.com/download/cardconnector.zip)
- Web Server on Windows Machine (ideally with ASP or ASP.NET support)
- Enabled POST Verb support in Web Server (in modern IIS deaktivated per default!)
After you installed and licensed (please note that the TSA needs a special license) the Aloaha Cardconnector you need to configure your web server. Even though PHP, etc will work we can only give support for ASP and ASP.NET
To configure your webserver please make sure that:
- It supports the POST Verb (as mentioned above modern IIS have this feature deactivated per default)
- You configure a Web Application and enable 32 Bit support
- You configure the above Web Application to run as User X. User X must have access to the Time Stamping Certificate in your certificate store.
- set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\[Wow6432Node]\Aloaha\TSA\UseCertfromStore to 1 so that Aloaha uses the best TSA Certificate in the current User Store of User X
- Logon as User X in case you are going to use a software certificate. Import that certificate into the Current User Store of User X.
- Logon as User X in case you are going to use a HSM Module. Configure the HSM that it maps the certificate into the Current User Store of User X
Now configure your ASP or ASP.NET Application.
Use a script similar to: http://card.aloaha.com/AloahaTSA/tsa.txt
Use Code similar to:
Please note that the core module is 32 Bit. It is essential that your enable 32 Bit support for your ASP/ASP.NET application. Furthermore the Application User requires access to the Current User Store holding the certificate or certificate reference of the Time Stamping Certificate!
It is also possible to use directly PFX files. In case you have questions or in case you need assistance to configure your TSA please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you require a ready configured package without the requirement to write scripts, configure web server, etc. please install http://www.aloaha.com/download/tsa.zip. I license can be requested at email@example.com
Our TSA Web Service is online at http://card.aloaha.com:8081/default.asmx
The normal POST URL is: http://card.aloaha.com:8081/tsa.aspx
The timestamp token archive can be found on: http://card.aloaha.com:8081/archive